With a total of 131 participants (Colombia, Chile, and Peru), 3HTP concludes its first AWS IMMERSION DAYS held during the months of August and September. The acknowledgments and recommendations confirmed that the strategy outlined and the effort made paid off. We want to share the excellent results, challenges met, and experience gained in conducting these workshops.
A simple idea was the beginning of the results that we can see today. AWS proposed to 3HTP the opportunity to give an IMMERSION DAY related to the topic of Core Services of Amazon Web Services, however, it was considered that it was very positive to see the opinion of the customers and a survey was carried out that showed that 70% preferred the Kubernetes theme
What differentiates these IMMERSION DAYS from those that were carried out previously.
- Adapt an activity originally planned to be carried out in person for a long duration to a remote format.
- How to achieve the interest, active participation and permanence of the participants throughout the activity.
- Achieve continuous feedback from the participants throughout the activity to look for areas for improvement.
A methodology was designed for the delivery of the AWS IMMERSION DAY workshops to take an activity that was initially developed in-person to a 100% online modality.
Different steps were established that allowed each of these elements to be overcome and that sought to maintain the quality of the workshop and the satisfaction of the participants with the topic and the level of depth of the content.
- Custom scheduling logistics.
- Presentation of introductory concepts in a general session for Participants.
- Division of work teams by instructor (7 to 10 people maximum) for personalized follow-up.
- Progress validation through checkpoints by Instructors.
- Progress control by the IMMERSION DAY coordinator asking the participants of the groups.
- Survey at the end of the session to get early feedback.
The objective was to give an edition of the IMMERSION DAY of AWS KUBERNETES, however, the call presented 350 interested in the subject, so it was necessary to schedule several editions, including 2 workshops directed and exclusive to 2 companies in Colombia. (Grupo AVAL and AFP Protección).
The objective of the KIMMERSION OF KUBERNETES is for participants to learn the concepts of containerization and orchestration and interact with guided hands-on workshops on the AWS EKS service.
A total of 5 AWS KUBERNETES IMMERSION DAYS Workshops were held:
|IMMERSION||AMOUNT OF PARTICIPANTS||FECHA|
|GRUPO AVAL||26 Participants||10-September-2020|
|AFP PROTECCIÓN||37 Participants||17-September-2020|
RESULT OF SURVEYS OF PARTICIPANTS
In the workshops held, 100% of the participants stated that their expectations were fully or partially met.
It is important to emphasize that the time for completion is one of the elements to take into account during the practical exercises. At this point, it is very favorable that the instructors keep their attention on the progress status of each participant.
In a relevant way, the satisfaction of the participants regarding the knowledge of the instructors and their follow-up during the workshops stands out, an element that was taken into account in the applied methodology.
SOME RELEVANT COMMENTS FROM PARTICIPANTS
“Excellent activity, the instructor attentive to all doubts and demonstrating extensive knowledge of the exposed tools. I am pleasantly satisfied and I recommend them 100% “Participant of IMMERSION DAY Colombia
“Excellent space and methodology combining concept with practice. Keep explaining the commands like Jonathan did .. because then one follows the lab understanding what is being done. It was very useful to advance in my study plan of these concepts and it generated a lot of value and progress in understanding these concepts. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! “Participante del IMMERSION DAY Colombia
“Perhaps the workshop could be done in two parts so that it is not so exhausting, but the workshop is excellent.”Participant of IMMERSION DAY Perú
“Excellent Workshop, very dynamic, very clear, I was attentive and entertaining all the time, I learned new concepts. Thank you.”Participant of IMMERSION DAY AFP Protección
Experiences were obtained from each workshop held, as well as from the comments and suggestions of the participants. These elements helped us to see what needs to be improved for the next IMMERSION DAYS:
- Have students share their screen if they are lagging behind, to ensure they can keep up with others.
- Reinforce and guarantee that the steps of the initial Setup are fulfilled for the success of the other laboratories.
- Profiling the audience to know their level of knowledge prior to IMMERSION and thus make groups with similar levels of knowledge, to personalize the co
WHAT DO YOU THINK? DO YOU WANT YOUR OWN IMMERSION DAY?
3HTP is an AWS Certified Partner to teach IMMERSION DAYS, it has Certified Architects that will help you to know and master the architecture of Amazon Web Service. We can organize an IMMERSION DAY workshop just for your company team.